Saturday, June 16 -
Sunday, June 17, 2018
For our June trip, Troop 54 returns to the
Metacomet-Monadnock Trail in Leverett, Massachusetts, for
our first time since November 2010. We will hike from Leverett to the Mosher Shelter, with hiking
distances estimated at 5.2 miles each day.
This trip is open to Boy Scouts. Each participant should weigh at least 90 pounds.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by June 5. Paper
Form Online Form.
- Event registration fee (youth) - $10 (includes some food) - pay by June 5 (online payment).
- No charge for adult participants (no food included).
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than June 5. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by June 5.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by June 5.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by June 5.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. You will pack your stuff in either an external frame or internal
frame backpack (the big kind). Specific items to bring:
- Water bottle
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Food - The patrol will provide 1 dinner and 1 breakfast. Scouts bring your own food for
2 lunches, snacks and drinks. Adults bring all of your own food, snacks and drinks.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:15 AM Saturday for
departure by 7:30 AM.
- Travel to the
is approximately 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Estimated return to the church is 3:30 PM Sunday.