Friday, May 12 -
Sunday, May 14, 2017
Treasure Valley Scout Reservation
The theme for this camporee is "Call of Duty with Night Ops Missions".
The camporee will run nighttime and daytime programs including spy missions, search
missions, decoding challenges, glow in the dark activities and a few other top secret
events. The camporee takes place at Treasure Valley. We will camp at the Madore site
N42° 19.479' W71° 59.615').
In a new twist, the camporee will be held in conjuction with the Chuckwagon
Derby, a Cub Scout event.
All troops in attendance will assist with the operation of the Chuckwagon Derby. Our
troop will run a town called "Wrong Way Campsite".
This trip is open to Boy Scouts.
Event Packet - Information from the organizers.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by May 2:
- Event registration fee (due May 2):
Youth (includes food) - $24 (online payment)
Adult (includes food) - $17 (online payment)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than May 2. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by May 2.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by May 2.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by May 2.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of most
of the items needed. New Scouts should seek advice
from experienced Scouts and from leaders on what to buy and what to bring.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for departure by 6:30 PM. The Scouts will carry
out the gear and load the trailer during this time.
- Travel to the campsite will take about 30 minutes.
- Estimated return to the church is 11:30 AM Sunday.