Summer Camp 2008
Troop 54 will attend summer camp at Treasure Valley in 2008. We will once again stay at the
Evergreen site, the closest site to the mess hall. Our week at camp runs Sunday, July 6 through Friday, July 11. Scouts may
optionally stay until Saturday morning.
Camp fees and forms:
- Early pay fee: $290 - the deadline is May 27 (paid to Troop 54 - we need to get it to the Council by May 30).
- Regular fee: $320 - due June 3 (at the last regular troop meeting before camp).
- Medical Form - must be submitted at or before the June 24
parents meeting. It is recommended that you keep a copy. Note that a recent physical exam is required.
- Parental Authorization Form - must be submitted by
arrival at camp.
- Campership Application - must be submitted by May 30.
Following the camp rules, we have to arrive together at 11:30 AM. We will meet at the church at 10:30 AM on Sunday, July 6 and drive
to Treasure Valley together. Campers should bring lunches for that one day.
Troop 54 holds a Parents Meeting before camp. This year's meeting will be held Tuesday, June 24, at 7:00PM.
The 2008 Leader's Guide describes many aspects of camp. Before
the Parents Meeting, camp participants and their parents should review the following portions of the Leaders
- Equipment List
- Health and Safety
- 2008 TVSR Program Schedule
- Brownsea Island Adventure - for first year scouts.
Some "homework" for participants and their parents to complete before arrival at camp:
- Select which merit badges to earn during camp. One badge may be sufficient for a first year scout.
- Gather the items listed on the Equipment List (p. 5). In particular, pack plenty of insect repellent and
purchase mosquito netting, together with four 4' dowels to support it.
- Work out what your schedule will be (with alternates for badges).
- Complete a Parental Authorization Form
(this indicates who can take the scout from the camp).
- Complete and submit the Medical Form before June 24.
No one (leaders included) will be allowed to stay at camp without the form.
- Complete prerequisites for the selected merit badges. These are listed under Merit Badge Programs, in the Leader's Guide (p. 17)
Some of these may require significant time - don't save this for the day we report to camp. Each requirement is listed with a brief
description. For additional detail, you can
look up the complete requirements on-line.
Page updated 6/23/08.