Summer Camp 2007
Troop 54 will be at the Treasure Valley Evergreen site in 2007.
Camp fees and forms:
- "Early bird" fee: $250 - the deadline was May 18 (due at the council, paid to Troop 54).
- Regular fee: $290 - due May 29 (at the last regular troop meeting before camp).
- Medical Form - must be submitted at or before the June 26
parents meeting. It is recommended that you keep a copy. Note that a recent physical exam is required.
- Parental Authorization Form - must be submitted by arrival at camp.
Following the camp rules, we have to arrive together, so we will meet at the church at 12:00 PM on Sunday, July 8.
2007 Treasure Valley Summer Camp Leaders Guide
A Parents Meeting will be held Tuesday, June 26, at 7:00PM.
Before the Parents Meeting, it is suggested that camp participants review the following portions of the Leaders Guide:
- Camp Sites Equipment List
- Medical Information
- Program Guidelines
- Daily Program Schedule
- Pathfinder Grid Sheet
- Program Schedule
- Program Pre-Requisite
- Camper Release Form
Note: It does not appear that there will be a Pathfinder program for new scouts this year.
Some "homework" to complete before arrival at camp:
- Parents and scouts work together to select which merit badges he will try to earn during camp. One badge may be
sufficient for a first year scout.
- Gather the items listed on the Equipment List (p. 5). In particular, pack plenty of insect repellent and
purchase mosquito netting, together with four 4' dowels to support it.
- Work out what your scout's schedule will be (with alternates for badges).
- Complete a Parental Authorization Form (this indicates who can take your
scout from the camp).
- If you did not submit your Medical Information form by June 27, you are late. Complete and bring this form on
July 9. No one will be allowed to stay at camp without the form.
- The Leader's Guide (pp. 15-18) lists pre-requisites for some of the merit badges; these need to be completed
before arrival at camp. Look up and complete the prerequisites for your selected badge. Some of these may
require significant time - don't save this for the day we report to camp. Each requirement is listed with a brief
description. For additional detail, you can
look up the complete requirements on-line.
Page updated 5/27/07.