Friday, June 16 -
Saturday, June 17, 2017
Burncoat High School
Troop 54 will participate in Relay for Life. Generally, what this event consists of
is a bunch of teams (Troop 54 is one) camping at the event location. During the event
time (6PM Friday to 1 PM Saturday), each team is to have at least one of its members
walking the track at any moment. Thus, we elay our spot to each other over this
time. The Scouts will need to decide on shifts to cover the track during the
This trip is open to Boy Scouts and Webelos Scouts.
The purpose of the event is to raise money for the American Cancer Society for its
programs. Our main task in advance of the event is to raise money in the name of our
team. This is done via E. Mail, app or on the team page:
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by June 13:
- Event registration fee (due June 13):
Youth and adult (includes food) - $10 (online payment)
- Join the Team - Do this prior to the event
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than June 13. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by June 13.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by May 2.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by June 13.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of most
of the items needed. New Scouts should seek advice
from experienced Scouts and from leaders on what to buy and what to bring.
- Meet at Burncoat High School (179 Burncoat Street in Worcetser)at 5:30 PM Friday.
- Scouts will be dismissed to their parents at the high school at approximately 1:O0 PM Saturday.