Troop 54 is participating in the 2010 Quinsigamond District Klondike Derby. We will enter two sleds and run a station.
This all-day event features competition between the troops in pulling their sleds over the snow and showing
some Scout knowledge and ability at various stations.
We have reserved the Baden Powell camp site for the weekend and will camp overnight on Friday. Participation in this portion of the event is
$ 6.00 per Scout (plus 1 canned good per Scout to be donated to a local food pantry). Registration fee includes participation patch
6:00 PM Fri Campers meet at the church.
7:30 AM Sat Non-campers meet at the church.
8:00 AM Sat Event registration.
9:00 AM Sat Event starts.
3:00 PM Sat Event ends.
4:00 PM Sat Estimated return to church.
Other event information:
- Any Scout or Leader may submit a patch design to the registration table in the East Lodge. Patch designs should include the words "Quinsigamond
District 2010 Klondike Derby", the letters BSA or a fleur-de-lis. Patch designs may also incorporate the BSA 100th anniversary logo.
Designs should include the Troop # and name of the designer on the reverse side.
- All participants must be dressed properly for the weather.
- All patrols and spectators are responsible for supplying their own lunch.
- Each patrol should bring the equipment listed below in a Klondike type sled.
- Equipment list: matches, compass, pencil, paper, rope, 2 gallons of water, first aid and rescue supplies, 1 canned good per Scout,
3 wooden dowels about same diameter and length as an arrow (thinner is better), small string to lash the dowels together, trash bag,
lunch for each Scout. This list is the minimum needed. You may add other items you think might be useful at surprise events.
Patrols missing the above items may still participate in the events.
- Some of the planned events include rifle shooting, first aid and rescue, "weight lifting", compass skills, teamwork events.
Each Scout needs to bring snacks and lunch for Saturday. Overnight participants need to bring and meal items assigned by their patrols.
Firewood may not be brought to this camp.
Adults staying overnight must have a current CORI on file with the Mohegan Council. This
form is needed by February 2.