Friday, August 18 -
Sunday, August 20, 2017
This trip has been cancelled. We will instead have a camping
trip that is not a backpacking trip the following weekend.
For our August trip, Troop 54 returns to
White Mountain National
Forest. We will hike in the first day on Wilderness Trail, the Franconia Trail to
13 Falls. The second day, we will hike the Lincoln Brook Trail to Black Pond. The last
day, will will return to our starting point the same way we hiked in.
Participants should attend the planning meeting for the trip on August 15, 7:00-8:30 PM.
This trip is open to Boy Scouts. Each participant should weigh at least
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by August 15. Paper
Form Online Form.
- Event registration fee (youth) - $25 (includes some meals) - pay by August 15 (online payment).
- Event registration fee (adults) - $15 (no food included) - pay by August 15 (online payment).
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than August 15. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by August 15.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by August 15.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by August 15.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to
make sure you don't forget anything. See our Camping page
for other camping information. You will pack your stuff in either an external frame or internal
frame backpack (the big kind). A few specific items to bring:
- Water bottle
- Full uniform (as for just about any event)
- Food - The patrol will provide 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts. Scouts bring your own food for
3 lunches, snacks and drinks.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:00 AM Friday for departure by 7:15 AM.
- Travel to the trailhead is approximately 2-1/2 hours.
- Estimated return to the church is 4:00 PM Sunday.