Saturday, August 26 -
Sunday, August 27, 2017
Pascoag, Rhode Island
For our August trip, Troop 54 returns to
Buck Hill Scout Reservation. We will day hike a section of
the North South Trail, which passes through the camp. The Scouts can
fish in Wakefield Pond at the camp.
This trip replaces our previously planned backpacking trip.Participants should attend the planning meeting for the trip on August 22, 7:00-8:30 PM.
This trip is open to Boy Scouts.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by August 22. Paper
Form Online Form.
- Event registration fee (youth and adult)) - $20 (includes meals) - pay by August 22
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than August 22. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by August 22.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by August 22.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by August 2.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to
make sure you don't forget anything. See our Camping page
for other camping information. You should pack your stuff in either an external frame or internal
frame backpack (the big kind). A few specific items to bring:
- Water bottle
- Full uniform (as for just about any event)
- Food - The patrol will provide 1 lunch, 1 dinner and 1 breakfast. Scouts bring your own
snack food and drink mixes.
- Fishing gear
- Day pack packed with the ten essentials
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:00 AM Saturday for departure by 7:30 AM.
- Travel to the camp is approximately 45 minutes.
- Estimated return to the church is 12:00 PM Sunday.