Saturday, November 8 -
Sunday, November 9, 2014
On the first day of this trip, we will hike the section of the Midstate Trail from
Barre Fals Dam south to the Long Pond trail
shelter in Rutland State Forest, about 7 miles.
The second day, we will continue on the Midstate Trail, hiking into Treasure Valley Scout Reservation, about 5 miles. Extra drivers will be needed to move
us back to our starting point.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. Be sure to include
plenty of water. See other camping information on our Camping page. A few specific items to bring:
Sleeping bags should be good down to the expected temperatures.
Pack light - "Every ounce counts!"
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by November 4.
- Event registration fee (youth) - $10 (includes dinner and breakfast). Pay by November 4.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than November 4. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by November 4.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by November 4.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by November 4.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:00 AM Saturday.
Travel to a parking area near the trail head is about 30 minutes.
On Sunday, we will complete our hike at the Treasure Valley front gate at about 1:30 PM.
The drive back to our cars at the first trailhead is about 25 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 2:30 PM Sunday.