Saturday, March 22 -
Sunday, March 23, 2014
Treasure Valley Scout Reservation
We will be going a bit easier on this trip. Starting in Jamnboree Field at Treasure Valley, we will hike various trails:
Back of the Hill Trail
West Camp Road
We will make camp at Fort Courage, a Leave No Trace site on the shore of Browning Pond.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. Be sure to include
plenty of water. See other camping information on our Camping page. A few specific items to bring:
Yaktrax, Micro Spikes or similar are recommended, in case we hit icy portions or trail.
Sleeping bags should be good down to the expected temperatures.
Pack light - "Every ounce counts!"
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by March 18.
- Event registration fee (youth) - $10 (includes dinner and breakfast). Pay by March 18.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than March 18. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by March 18.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by March 18.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by March 18.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:00 AM Saturday.
Travel to the trail head is about 25 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 1:30 PM Sunday.