Friday, October 13 -
Sunday, October 15, 2017
This camporee is run by the Great Blue Hill District in the Spirit of Adventure Council and will
take place at Hale Resevation. The theme is intended to evoke images of the ancient Romans or Greeks, a
a time of gladiators and battles fought from chariots. Our chariot will do battle with those of
other troops in the following events:
Prisoner’s Base and/or Jousting Match
We will camp at Hale with our specific camp
site to be assigned upon our arrival at the event.
This trip is open to Boy Scouts.
Event Packet - Information from the organizers.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by May 2:
- Event registration fee (due Oct 3 but preferred by Sep 26):
Youth or adult (includes food) - $30 (online payment)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than October 10. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by October 10.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by October 10.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by October 10.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. Specific items to bring:
- Day pack for while the chariot is traveling.
- Water bottle.
- Any snack items or drink mix packets wanted.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for departure by 6:30 PM. The Scouts will carry
out the gear and load the trailer during this time.
- Travel to Hale Reservation will take about one hour.
- Estimated return to the church is 11:30 AM Sunday.