Friday, October 14 -
Sunday, October 16, 2016
Horace A. Moses Scout Reservation
This month, Troop 54 returns to Horace Moses SR for a camporee when the camp is not frozen (our last
visit there was for a Klondike Derby). The theme of this camporee is Mount Olympus. This camp is
operated by the Western Massachusetts Council.
In preparation for the event, the Troop is expected to construct handmade lightning bolts
and a chariot. Also, a variety of materials need to be gathered for use during the event.
From the organizers;
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by October 4. (online form)
- Event registration fee (adults and youth, includes food) - $34 if paid by September 29
(online payment no longer available) or $37 if paid by October 9
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than October 11. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by October 11.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by October 11.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by October 11.
What to Pack:
Use our Backwoods Camping List as a check for items to bring; just cross out items that
don't apply. New Scouts should seek advice from experienced Scouts and from leaders on what to buy and what to bring.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for departure by 6:30 PM. The Scouts will carry
out the gear and load the trailer during this time.
Travel to the camp will take about 1-1/2 hours.
Estimated return to the church is 12:00 PM Sunday.