Planning a Troop Backpacking Trip
This presentation was initially given at the Quinsigamond District Roundtable meeting on Septemeber 10, 2012.
- Example Directions to Trailhead - Make sure everyone knows exactly where
you are headed. This avoids the need to "caravan", which can be unsafe.
- Example Event Posting for Troop Website - Get the information everyone
needs (including permission slip) out in advance.
- Example Hiking Profile - The profile and the data printed on it can help you
determine whether the trail you are planning is too difficult for your group and if more time will be needed to hike a certain distance.
- Example Planned Trail - By planning the trail this way, you can have GPS
checkpoints to make sure you are on track. You can event download the trail into a GPS from some of the mapping software products.
- TOPO! Software Cover - One of the mapping software products.
Page updated 10/22/12.