Starting in Fall 2015, Troop 54 is using the Scoutbook web app to manage advancement. The official BSA advancement system is still the Online Advancement system. We will continue to record completed
ranks in that system.
Activate Your Account
One of the unit administrators will add you as a parent or leader; if you are a youth member, your parent has to do this. You will then receive an E. Mail from firstname.lastname@example.org
You need to follow the instructions in the E. Mail to activate your account.
How to Access Scoutbook
Scoutbook is a web app. From a browser on your computer or on your phone, go to Scoutbook.com. This
works well on Android phones. On computers, it works better in Chrome than in Internet Explorer.
The main administrative functions are handled by the Scoutmaster. These include:
- Subscribing to the service for the Troop.
- Entering new adult and youth members. This includes assigning leader access levels for each youth member's record.
- Adding parents/guardians as connections to youth members.
- Entering new "memberships" for Scouts when they change patrols.
Assistant Scoutmaster Use
Selected Assistant Scoutmasters have access to view and update records of the Scouts in the Troop. These include:
- For each rank, the completion of each requirement can be separately recorded.
- A single completion can be entered for an entire rank.
- Separately, update the status of a rank as achieved or awarded.
Parent / Guardian Use
A parent/guardian has access to:
- View progress toward ranks.
- Provide access to Scoutbook to his/her youth.
This is a convenient way to see the requirements for a rank (also in your Scout's handbook).
Parent - How to give access to your Scout
- Under My Family, click on your Scout's name.
- In the bottom section of your Scout's main page, click Profile.
- At the bottom of the Profile page, click the large button at the bottom labeled "Invite
- Enter your Scout's E. Mail.
- Click the Invite button.
- For further information, see the Scoutbook
article on this.
Page updated 1/30/18