Park Permit


Troop 54 is in the City of Worcester, so using a public park requires some paperwork.

Note the following relevant restrictions:

Prepare the Permit Application

  1. Obtain the current version of the "PERMIT APPLICATION FOR EVENT IN A PARK" form from the Permits & Licensing page off the Parks & Recreation department's page. As of 2018, there is a new version of the form each year.
  2. Complete the application, completing the form and creating an event map, a parking plan and a clean-up plan. As an example, see the documents from our September 2017 event.
  3. Bring the completed application to the City of Worcester Police Department for their signature. Park in the main parking area, not in the areas for marked police cars or for unmarked police cars. See our diagram for where to park and enter. Go to the Permits window to the left as you enter the building. As of 9/1/17, their hours are Tuesday-Thursday, 9:00-11:30 AM and 1:00-3:00 PM. If they ask, you are not requesting a police presence.
  4. Bring the signed application to the Parks, Recreation & Cemetery Division office in Green Hill Park at 50 Skyline Drive.


Page updated 8/2/18
J. Froimson

Valid HTML 4.01!