Troop 54 is in the City of Worcester, so using a public park requires some paperwork.
Note the following relevant restrictions:
- Tent stakes are not allowed in Elm Park. Any tents must be secured with sand bags.
- Flames are not allowd in Elm Park.
- Practically speaking, with the requirements for serving food, a Scout unit can't serve
food to the public.
Prepare the Permit Application
- Obtain the current version of the "PERMIT APPLICATION FOR EVENT IN A PARK" form from the
Permits & Licensing page
off the Parks & Recreation department's page. As of 2018, there is a new version of the form each
- Complete the application, completing the form and creating an event map, a parking plan and a
clean-up plan. As an example, see the documents from our September
- Bring the completed application to the City of Worcester Police Department for their signature.
Park in the main parking area, not in the areas for marked police cars or for unmarked police
cars. See our diagram for where to park and enter. Go
to the Permits window to the left as you enter the building. As of 9/1/17, their hours are
Tuesday-Thursday, 9:00-11:30 AM and 1:00-3:00 PM. If they ask, you are not requesting a
- Bring the signed application to the Parks, Recreation &
Cemetery Division office in Green Hill Park at 50
Page updated 8/2/18