Saturday, December 10 -
Sunday, December 11, 2016
For our December trip, Troop 54 heads back to the
Blue Hills Reservation. We will hike
various trails, including the Skyline Trail. We will tent camp at
Camp Sayre, a small Scout camp in Milton, near the Blue Hills. Camp Sayre doubles as the headquarters of the
Spirit of Adventure Council.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget
anything. A few key items/reminders:
- Water bottle
- Full uniform (as for just about any event)
See other camping information on our Camping page.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit
this to the Scoutmaster by December 6.
- Event registration fee (youth) - $15 (includes food) - pay by September 13 (online payment).
- No charge for adult participants (no food included).
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than December 6. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by December 6.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by December 6.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by December 6.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:00 AM Saturday for departure by 7:15 AM.
Travel to the trailhead is approximately 1 hour.
Estimated return to the church is 4:00 PM Sunday.