Saturday, November 21 -
Sunday, November 22, 2015
Myles Standish State Forest
South Carver, MA
We will hike through a portion of the Myles Standish State Forest
and then, we will camp overnight at a site in Camp Squanto, a Scout camp operated by the Old Colony Council.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. Be sure to include
plenty of water. See other camping information on our Camping page.
Pack light - "Every ounce counts!"
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by November 17.
- Event registration fee (youth) - $15 (includes dinner and breakfast). Pay by November 17.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than June 16. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the troop within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by November 17.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by November 17.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by November 17.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:00 AM Saturday.
Travel to the trailhead takes about 1.5 hours.
Estimated return to the church is 3:30 PM Sunday.