Saturday, June 21 -
Sunday, June 22, 2014
Mashamoquet Brook State Park
Pomfret Center, CT
For this trip, we will backpack a segment of the Airline Trail into
Mashamoquet Brook State Park in Pomfret Center, CT.
Then, we will continue backpacking along the Airline to another trailhead. The hiking portion will likely be about five miles each day.
This park has a pond with swimming, so a swim suit and small towel are recommended.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. Be sure to include
plenty of water. See other camping information on our Camping page.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by June 17.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than June 17. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of insurance card (both sides).
A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by June 17.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by June 17.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
permit, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by June 17.
Scouts - $20 (includes food)
Leaders - $10 (does not include food)
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:00 AM Saturday for departure by 7:30 AM.
Travel to the trailhead is approximately 1/2 hour.
Estimated return to the church is 3:00 PM Sunday.