Friday, September 27 -
Sunday, September 29, 2013
Pascoag, RI and Sutton, MA
Troop 54 travels to Rhode Island for this trip. We will start by driving to
Buck Hill Scout Reservation in Pascoag, RI, where we will set up camp at the Buck Hill Circle tent site. The camp is new to us.
On Saturday, we will drive to
in Sutton, MA for some rockand cave exploration.
- Bring a day pack for lunch, water and other essentials during our travel to the Purgatory Chasm.
- Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. See other camping information on our Camping page.
- There is no need to pack light as this is a car camping trip.
We will be able to drive the cars close to the camp site to unload.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by September 24.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than September 24. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of insurance card (both sides).
A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by September 24.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by September 24.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
permit, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by September 24.
Scouts - $25 registration fee (includes food).
Leaders - $25 registration fee (includes food)
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:30 PM Friday for departure by 6:45 PM.
Travel from the church to the Buck Hill SR is about 39 minutes.
Travel from Buck Hill SR to Purgatory Chasm is about 32 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 12:00 PM Sunday.