Saturday, November 16 -
Sunday, November 17, 2013
Ashburnham and Westminster, MA
Troop 54 will backpack a stretch of the Midstate we last visited in 2010. We will have great views as we pass Mount Hunger.
We estimate approximately six miles of backpacking each day.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. Be sure to include
plenty of water. See other camping information on our Camping page. Don't forget to bring rain gear.
Pack light - "Every ounce counts!"
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by November 12.
- Event registration fee (youth) - $15 (includes food). Pay by November 12.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than November 12. This trip requires only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by November 12.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by November 12.
- Vehicle Information - If you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by November 12.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:00 AM Saturday.
Travel from the church to the trail head is about 48 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 3:00 PM Sunday.