Saturday, March 16 -
Sunday, March 17, 2013
Originally, we had planned to hike our second segment of the North South Trail into Arcadia Management Area in Rhode Island, but due to heavy
recent snow and rain, we changed the plan. We will camp at Camp Cachalot (our first time) and do the Pilgrim Trek or the Pilgrim Trail as a day hike.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. Be sure to include
plenty of water. See other camping information on our Camping page. Don't forget to bring rain gear.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by March 12.
- Event registration fee (adults and youth) - $13 (includes food cost budgeted at up to $11/person). Pay by March 12.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than March 12. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of
insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by March 12.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by March 12.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by March 12.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:30 AM Saturday for departure by 6:15 PM.
Travel from the church to Camp Cacahlot is about 1 hour 30 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 12:30 PM Sunday.