Saturday, June 15 -
Sunday, June 16, 2013
Nipmunk State Forest
This month, we travel into Connecticut. We will hike in Nipmunk State Forest and camp overnight in
Camp Pomperaug , a
Scout camp opeated by the Connecticut Yankee Council. This is our first visit to this trail, this park and this Scout camp.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. Be sure to include
plenty of water. See other camping information on our Camping page. Don't forget to bring rain gear.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by June 11.
- Event registration fee (adults and youth) - $20 (includes food cost budgeted at up to $12/person). Pay by June 11.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than June 11. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of
insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by June 11.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by June 11.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by June 11.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:30 AM Saturday for departure by 7:45 AM.
Travel from the church to the trail head is about 53 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 3:30 PM Sunday.