Saturday, August 31 -
Monday, September 2, 2013 new date
This month, Troop 54 heads north for our third trip to the Green Mountain National Forest. This
will be our first time on the third division of the Long Trail. We
will backpack to Stratton Pond, camping in two different spots.
Pack light - "Every ounce counts!"
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. Be sure to include
plenty of water. See other camping information on our Camping page.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by August 27.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than August 27. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of insurance card (both sides).
A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by August 27.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by August 27.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
permit, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by August 27.
- Cost (Scouts only) - $15 (includes food cost).
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:00 AM Saturday for departure by 7:15 AM.
Travel to the trailhead is expected to take about 2 hours 41 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 4:00 PM Monday.