Friday, Septemebr 14 -
Sunday, Septemebr 16, 2012
Troop 54 heads west to Mount Greylock State Reservation for this
trip. We will drive up Friday night and make camp at Mount Greylock. First, we will backpack (at night) the easy 1.3 mile trail from the cars to the
Cherry Group Site in the
campground. On Saturday, we will hike to the summit without the backpacks.
A couple of items downloaded from the park website:
Summer Park Map
Pack light - "Every ounce counts!" A few specifics:
- Bring a day back for lunch, water and other trail essentials.
- Bring a flashlight for the night time hike.
- Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. Be sure to include
plenty of water. See other camping information on our Camping page. Definitely bring rain gear.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by September 11.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than September 11. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of insurance card (both sides).
A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by September 11.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by September 11.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
permit, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by September 11.
- Cost (Scouts and Leaders) - $10 registration fee plus share of food cost.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for departure by 6:15 PM.
Travel from the church to the trailheld is about 2.5 hours.
Travel from the trailhead back to the church is about 2.5 hours.
Estimated return to the church is 1:00 PM Sunday.