Saturday, November 10 -
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Burrillville, RI and Douglas, MA
For this trip, Troop 54 will hike our first segment of the North South Trail in Rhode Island. We will start in the village of Pascoag in the town of Burrillville, Rhode, Island,
and hike north to the state border with Massachusetts. That portion of the hike will be in the
Buck Hill Management Area, which covers over 2000 acres.
We will continue a short distance
on the Midstate Trail and camp at or near the trail shelter in Douglas State Forest.
Planned Trail - estimated 4.5 miles each day with backpacks.
Pack light - "Every ounce counts!"
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. Be sure to include
plenty of water. See other camping information on our Camping page. Don't forget to bring rain gear.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by November 6.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than November 6. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of
insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by November 6.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by November 6.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by November 6.
- Cost (Scouts and Leaders) - there is no registration fee. Participants are responsible for their share of the food cost.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 7:30 AM Saturday for departure by 7:45 AM.
Travel from the church to the trailhead is approximately 40 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 3:00 PM Sunday.