Friday, December 7 -
Sunday, December 9, 2012
Ashford, CT and Windsor Locks, CT
Troop 54 travels to Connecticut for this trip. We will start by driving to
J. N. Webster Scout Reservation in Ashford, CT, where we will set up camp at Tent Site 12. This site includes picnic tables and
a pavillion. The camp is new to us.
On Saturday, we will drive to Windsor Locks, CT to visit the New England Air Museum.
- Bring a day pack for lunch, water and other essentials during our travel to the museum.
- Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. See other camping information on our Camping page.
- There is no need to pack light as this is a car camping trip.
We will be able to drive the cars to the camp site to unload but will have to park the cars
in the parking lot.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by December 4.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than December 4. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of insurance card (both sides).
A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by December 4.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by December 4.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
permit, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by December 4.
- Cost (Scouts and Leaders) - $17 registration fee plus share of food cost ($12 for participants age 11 and under).
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for departure by 6:15 PM.
Travel from the church to the J. N. Webster SR is about 1 hour.
Travel from J. N. Webster SR to the museum is about 55 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 12:00 PM Sunday.