Friday, August 24 -
Sunday, August 26, 2012
East Dorset, VT
Troop 54 heads north to the Green Mountain National Forest for this
backpacking trip. First, we will drive up to Emerald Lake State Park
to camp on Friday night. Then, we'll drive the short distance to the trail head for our hike to Griffith Lake.
Planned Trail - estimated 4.1 miles each day
Pack light - "Every ounce counts!"
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. Be sure to include
plenty of water. See other camping information on our Camping page. Definitely bring rain gear.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by August 20.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than August 20. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of insurance card (both sides).
A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by August 22.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by June 12.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
permit, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by August 22.
- Cost (Scouts and Leaders) - $10 registration fee plus share of food cost.
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for departure by 6:15 PM.
Travel from the church to Emerald Lake Sate Park is approximately 3 hours.
Travel from the the camp ground to the trail head is approximately 7 minutes.
Travel back to the church from the trail end is approximately 3 hours.
Estimated return to the church is 4:00 PM Sunday.