Friday, September 23 -
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Monadnock State Park
In September, Troop 54 heads north (not too far) to Mount Monadnock for some great hiking (day packs only). We will camp at Monadnock State
Park Group Site E.
near the park headquarters. On Saturday, we will hike to the top of the mountain, where we hope to have some excellent views. We wiil hike back to the
camp the same day.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
before the event.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of insurance card (both sides).
A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by September 20.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by September 20.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
permit, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by September 20.
- Cost (Scouts and Leaders) - $7/person for the site rental (to the troop), plus your share of the food cost for your patrol.
Use our Backwoods Camping List as a check for items to bring; just cross out items that
don't apply. New Scouts should seek advice from experienced Scouts and from leaders on what to buy and what to bring.
Meet at the Immaculate Conception Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for departure by 6:30 PM.
Travel to the campground is approximately 1 hours 15 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 12:00 PM Sunday.
Tour permit - Done
Site reservation - Done
Fire Permit - Not required