Saturday, June 25 -
Sunday, June 26, 2011
For our June trip, Troop 54 heads to the
Blue Hills Reservation. We are considering the Skyline Trail, but the
exact route remains to be determined. We will camp at
Camp Sayre, a small Scout camp near the
Meet at the Immaculate Conception Church parking lot at 7:15 AM Saturday for departure by 7:30 AM.
Travel to the trailhead is approximately 1 hour.
Estimated return to the church is 3:00 PM Sunday.
Pack light - "Every ounce counts!"
Scouts who have not been backpacking before should bring their backpacks and other gear to a troop meeting prior to the event.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. Be sure to include
plenty of water. See other camping information on our Camping page.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
before the event.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by June 21.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by June 21.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
permit, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by June 21.
- Cost (Scouts and Leaders) - Share of food cost for patrol.
Tour permit - Done
Site reservation - Done
Fire Permit - No required