Friday, August 26 -
Sunday, August 28, 2011
White Mountain National Forest
(near Lincoln, NH)
For this trip, we will travel north to the White Mountain National Forest. On the first day, we will hike the Wilderness Trail about five miles,
following the Pemiwgewasset River, to the Camp 16 Shelter. On the second day, we will day hike from our camp to Bondcliffs, which are described as
having "spectacular and panoramic views". On the second day, we will cross over the Pemiwgewasset and hike back on the Lincoln Woods trail.
We do not expect to cross any paved roads during this wilderness excursion. See our trail plan for
We will have a fly rod on the trip. Any participant interested in fishing on Day 2 should arrange for a New Hampshire day fishing license.
Pack light - "Every ounce counts!"
A planning meeting for participants will be held on Tuesday, August 23, 6:30-7:30 PM at the Froimson's house.
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. Be sure to include
plenty of water. See other camping information on our Camping page.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
before the event.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of insurance card (both sides).
A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by August 23.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by August 23.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
permit, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by August 23.
- Cost (Scouts and Leaders) - Share of food cost for patrol.
Meet at the Immaculate Conception Church parking lot at 7:00 AM Friday for departure by 7:15 AM.
Travel to the trailhead is approximately 2 hours 45 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 3:30 PM Sunday.
Tour permit - Done
Site reservation - Not Required (use fee to pay at trailhead)
Fire Permit - not required, but see forest restrictions on location