Saturday, November 6 -
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Our November trip takes us west to Leverett. Our current plan is to hit the trail Friday morning (at coordinates
42.49816, -72.47683). We will make our
way to the Metacomet-Monadnock Trail (Section 14, our second segment) and
hike south along Brushy Mountain to the Mosher shelter on Saturday. We will hike back the same way on Sunday. Estimated distance to backpack each day
is 5 miles.
Meet at the Immaculate Conception Church parking lot at 7:15 AM Saturday for departure by 7:30 AM.
Travel to the trailhead is approximately 1.5 hours.
Estimated return to the church is 3:00 PM Sunday.
Pack light - "Every ounce counts!"
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. Be sure to include
plenty of water. See other camping information on our Camping page.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
before the event.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by November 3.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by November 3.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
permit, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by November 3.
- Cost - Share of food cost for patrol (Scouts and Leaders)
Note: No youth is permitted to sleep in the tent with an adult other than his own parent or guardian per BSA rules.
Tour permit - Done
Site reservation - Not required
Fire Permit - Not required