Friday, February 22 -
Sunday, February 24, 2013
Sudbury and Waltham, MA
We return to Nobscot Scout Reservation in Sudbury, MA, hoping for snow as we camp in the very nice Pondview Cabin. This cabin
includes a fire place and a wood stove and sleeps up to 18 people. Cooking is permitted indoors and outdoors, and there is a fire ring.
Originally, we had planned to travel to the Bright School in Waltham for the Arctic Camping Expo (ACE), offered by
the Boston Minuteman Council. This event was cancelled.
See our Camping page for information on gear and packing.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by February 12.
- Event registration fee (adults and youth) - $22 (includes food cost budgeted at up to $11/person)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of insurance card (both sides).
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by February 12.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by February 12.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
permit, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by February 12.
Travel and Times:
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:30 PM on Friday.
Travel to Nobscot is approximately 36 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 11:00 AM Sunday.