The day trips listed are well-suited for Cub Scouts (Grades 1-5, ages 6-10):
- Butterfly Place
- Located in Westford, MA (about 35 minutes from Worcester, MA).
- The Children's Museum of Boston
- Located in Boston, MA (about one hour from Worcester, MA).
- Edaville USA
- Billed as a "family fun park", Edaville USA, located in Carver, MA (about 1.5 hours from Worcester, MA)
hosts a number of events, including the National Cranberry Festival in October.
- Field Trip Factory
- Fun and free field trips arranged with local retailers.
- Providence Children's Museum
- Located in Providence, RI (about one hour from Worcester, MA), this museum features hands-on science and
history. Free the first Sunday of each month (as of 5/29/04).
- Wachusett Mountain
- A ski slope in the Winter - check their website for Fall family acitivities, such as Musicfest, Kidsfest
- Northfield Mountain's Riverboat
- 12-mile round trips through the French King Gorge and on to historic Barton Cove, narrated by an interpreter.
Page updated 9/5/10.