Starting in Fall 2015, Pack 54 is using the Scoutbook web app to manage advancement.
How to Access Scoutbook
Scoutbook is a web app. From a browser on your computer or on your phone, go to
This works well on Android phones. On computers, it works better in Chrome than in Internet Explorer.
The main administrative functions are handled by the Committee Chair. These include:
- Subscribing to the service for the Pack.
- Entering new adult and youth members. This includes assigning leader access levels for each youth member's record.
- Adding parents/guardians as connections to youth members.
Den Leader Use
Each Den Leader has access to update records of the boys in his/hr den and to view the records of the boys in the Pack.
Den leaders can enter achievements done with the den or reported as done by parents/guardians. These include:
- For each adventure/achievement, the completion of each requirement can be separately recorded.
- A single completion can be entered for an entire adventure/achievement or rank.
- Separately, update the status of an adventure or a badge as achieved or awarded.
Enter what you completed during a meeting for the whole den:
- From the Pack 54 screen, click on your den.
- Click "Quick Entry".
- Click "Enter Adventures"
- Under "Choose Adventure", select the adventure worked on.
- On the resulting screen, check of the reuqirements completed and applciable Scouts, enter the date and click "Save".
Parent / Guardian Use
A parent/guardian has access to update progress toward adventures/achievements and to update the limited personal information in
- Parents/guardians should only record items as completed, not as awarded.
- Record anything your Scout completes outside the Pack. If you prefer, you can instead advise your son's
den leader of items that are completed.
The official BSA advancement system is still the Online Advancement system. We will continue to record completed
badges and adventures in that system.
Activate Your Account
One of the unit administrators will add you as a parent or leader. You will then receive an E. Mail from firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the instructions in the E. Mail to activate your account.
Page updated 1/14/18