November 17, 2016
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
The Raingutter Regatta is a race event. Each Scout makes a boat at home using the official kit. Then, at the event,
the Scouts race in pairs, with each Scout blowing his boat along his own channel.
- Buy the Kit - Each Scout needs a Raingutter Regatta Racing Trimaran Kit, available
on-line or at the
places you buy Scout Stuff.
- Build the Boat - The trimaran kit is very simple, so a Scout should be able to do most of the building himself. Be sure to
leave time for glue to dry and then paint to go on and dry. Don't plan to have your Scout build and decorate his boat on the day
of the race or even the day before.
The Day Before
We will need some help to set up for the event at Wesley the night before.
- All Scouts will race together in the first heat (not exclusively against members of the same den).
- Late arrivals will be added into the race up to the end of the first heat.
- If youth from Wesley participate, they will have a separate bracket.
- Medals will be given for the first, second and third place winners.
- Participation ribbons will be given to all participants,