Pack 54 will be participating in the Mohegan Council Chuck Wagon
Derby. In this event, the boys form wagons consisting of a range of ages (Tigers, Wolves, Bears and Webelos Scouts).
Each wagon travels from "town" to "town", entirely under kid power, as the boys participate
in each town's fun activity.
The Chuckwagon Derby is 7:45 AM - 4:00 PM on May 14
For more details, see:
This event is not for siblings.
Chuckwagon Derby Registration:
- Pay $12 per Scout to the Pack by April 21 to ensure that you will get the included lunch and patch.
- Pay $12 per Scout to the Pack after April 16 - spaces may no longer be available at that point.
- There will not be registration on the day of the event.
- Drive to Treaasure Valley. See our directions
(approximate coordinates of camp entrance). Plan
to be there by 7:45 AM as Pack 54 has a start time on the trail of 8:15 AM.
- Park on Jamboree Field (approximate coordinates). This is
a different location than in the past.
- Check-in at the Training Lodge, which is in the Farm House
(approximate coordinates). The whole Pack does not have to be
there for you to check in. The pack wagon will be waiting for you near the Training Lodge.
- Hit the Trail - Proceed to the grassy area of the high Cope Course (Climbing Area) - for the event,
this is called the "Gathering Place"(approximate coordinates).
You cannot start out on your journey until the whole Pack arrives as there will be no easy way to find you
once you start on the trail. Once everyone is there let one of the Trail hands know and he will show you
where to start your journey.
The Pack is also planning a camping trip this weekend, starting at the end of the Chuckwagon Derby. We will camp in Treasure Valley
with members of Troop 54 at the Thunderbird Site (approximate coordinates).
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Cubmaster by April 16.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of
insurance card (both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- Permission Slip
- Registration fee: $5 per registered youth member.
Bring stuff to make smores - melt the marshmallows over the camp fire.
Family members are welcome. Provide your own food and cooking equipment. You can cook on a campfire or on camp stoves (we will have a couple there and
you can bring your own). The camp will not yet be set up for summer camp, so bring your own tent and set it up on the the camp's wood platforms.
Note that per BSA rules, when staying in tents, no youth will stay in the tent of an adult other than his or her parent or guardian. Youth members may
share a tent with other youth.
Members may register for the Chuckwagon Derby and the campout separately, but for maximum fun and adventure, participate in BOTH.
We plan to depart Treasure Valley by 10:00 AM on Sunday.